Fruits of Strathmore is based in the beautiful, rolling hills of South Gippsland at Mirboo North, on our small 24 acre farmlet.
We are blessed with a range of fruit trees in our garden, which led us to this business. We also, where required, source fruit and vegetables locally from our friends, but with a strict focus on reducing any travel distances so that the product remains local and fresh. In some cases, this is not possible and where the recipe calls for ingredients that cannot be local (e.g. bananas), we source from suppliers that are known to us, or with whom we have strong recommendations from our farming and friends network.
When things get back to normal, you will also find us at the following markets on a regular basis:
- Mirboo North Market - last Saturday of the month
- Coal Creek Farmer's Market- in the town of Korumburra on the second Saturday of the month
- Koonwarra Farmer's Market- Just outside Leongatha, on the first Saturday of the month.
In addition, you can find our products, and many other delicious local offerings at the following excellent stores:
- The Meeniyan Store - main street of Meeniyan - pop in and say hello to Flick!
- The Grow Lightly Green Grocer - in the main street of Korumburra. The crew there have a big range of delicious fresh fruit and veggies, as well as products from selected producers such as ourselves. The original Grow Lightly place and people!
- Gippsland Food and Wine - in Yarragon village. Reuben and Donna will be only too happy to help you. They now have a drive through service for their customers so you can order our jams and chutneys that way too!
- Gurneys Cidery - Just outside of the town of Foster. Bill, Lorraine, James and Thomas use our chutneys in their delicious tasting plates and have a good sample on sale as well. You can't get our products from them at the moment as the cellar door is closed due to the pandemic, but check out their website as well as the FB page to see what they have as online specials for their ciders!
- Craig Young's Butchery - in the main street of Mirboo North - Craig has a wonderful range of meat and game so pop in and talk to him - our products are on the wine barrel stand!
In Melbourne, we are fortunate enough to have our products sold through Sylvia's Deli - at the iconic Queen Victoria Market off Peel and Elizabeth Streets. Sylvia, Salva and Ala will be there to assist you!